VCD Practical Submitting final presentations
What form will my visual communication take?
The final destination
Visual language and presentation formats
Techniques for gaining attention and maintaining engagement of audience
1. App screen for smart phone.
2. Website layout on computer screen.
3. Animated logo design on computer screen.
4. Corporate identity on presentation board.
5. Trifold brochure or pamphlet.
6. Poster with ticket design.
7. Book or magazine layout design.
8. Realistic perspective sketch and rendering.
9. Map design with geographic features.
10. Typeface design presentation board.
11. Stamp design on presentation board.
12. Record or CD cover mock up.
13. Logo design applied to staff uniforms.
14. Explanatory diagram with planometric floors.
15. Perspective rendering on computer.
16. 3rd Angle Orthogonal drawing.
17. Isometric drawing of object.
18. Expanded diagram in isometric.
19. Floor plans and elevations.
20. 3d printed or hand formed model.
Alternative presentation formats.
Try it for yourself
In our design process and in exams we are sometimes asked to consider how visual information would need to be presented differently to suit alternative presentation formats. This section explores that skill.
Cover, The Age, Good Weekend, November 14, 2009.
Suggest alternative presentation formats
- Read the sample question and answer above. Discuss the elements that have been retained and removed. Discuss parts that refer to changes needed as a result of the proportions of a new presentation format.
- Look through some magazines and identify a visual communication. Suggest an alternative presentation format for one of them. Describe the changes that might need to be made to suit that presentation format.
- For an extension activity, consider changing the field of design and swapping from two-dimensions to three-dimensions as well as suggesting an alternative presentation format. Can you do it?